The proposed 2015/2016 Budget for the City of Hamlet will be presented to City Council during the Budget Meeting on May 28, 2015, and will be available for public inspection in the Administrative Office at Hamlet City Hall from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm weekdays or by using the links below
A public hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, June 9, 2015, at 7:00 p.m. at Hamlet City Hall, 201 Main St., Hamlet, to allow comments and questions concerning the proposed budget. Citizens are invited to make written or oral comments.
The totals of the funds are as follows:
|FY 2015-16 OUTLOOK|
|GENERAL FUND:||$ 4,982,360.00|
|POWELL BILL:||$ 244,915.00|
|ENTERPRISE FUND:||$ 2,597,300.00|
- Welcome from the Mayor and City Council We would like to personally extend a heartfelt welcome to you from the City of Hamlet. We trust that you will enjoy your web visit and highly encourage you to come and see our community in person. Hamlet is truly a small town with a big heart. Small town charm, simple pleasures, serene living and community pride are just a few of the many attributes of the City of Hamlet. Whether it's at Rockingham Dragway: the "Hardest Working Dragstrip in the Southeast," or celebrating Hamlet's railroad history at the Historic Hamlet Depot & Museum, the National Railroad Museum, or the Annual Seaboard Festival and the historic downtown area, Hamlet has something for everyone. This is a wonderful community to live, work, and play. Come and enjoy our All-American City.
- Hamlet Depot Located in the only Victorian Queen Anne train station in North Carolina, the Hamlet Depot serves as an active passenger depot as well as home to the Hamlet Depot & Museums. The hands on exhibits, visual displays, and interactive consoles encourage both young and old alike to explore the history of the Seaboard Railroad and Hamlet. From our Oral Histories to our Model Railroad to the Tornado Locomotive Replica, the Hamlet Depot & Museums offer something fun for everyone!
- All America City If you are looking for a place to locate your home or business, we think you will be impressed with our community. We proved that Hamlet is a special place by winning the “All American City” award for 1990 Welcome to our community!
- Tornado Building The Tornado Building is part of the Hamlet Depot & Musem. It houses a replica of a Tornado Locomotive.
- Hamlet Public Library Hamlet is a community of readers. This is evident by the support the library receives from the citizens and local government. Hamlet is proud of the fact that twenty-five years after its charter was granted, the first library was established. From its humble beginning of a few books, its growth has required several expansions.
- Hub Of the Seaboard Founded in 1897 at the crossing of two tracks, Hamlet functioned as division headquarters for the Seaboard Airline Railroad. Upwards of 30 passenger trains daily passed through Hamlet. Downtown boomed with travelers and workers of the railroad. Hotels, shops, and restaurants served this thriving community.
- South Hamlet Spring time flowers by the sign in South Hamlet.
- Birthplace of John Coltrane Proud birth place of jazz great John Coltrane. Local businessmen have worked to renovate the location of his birth.
- July 4th Celebration The City of Hamlet hosts the Annual Fireworks Display Show for the citizens of Hamlet as well as others. The fireworks are shot from the Hamlet Fairgrounds and may be viewed at a number of locations.
June 9, 2015
The Hamlet City Council will meet on Tuesday, June 9th, 2015 at 7:00 PM... READ MORE→
June 18, 2015
Richmond County Scam Workshop” Standing Up and Fighting Back” – Thursday, June 18th at Cole Auditorium from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. with lunch included (Open to the public and no cost to attend)... READ MORE→
July 14, 2015
The Hamlet City Council will meet on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 7:00 PM... READ MORE→
May 18, 2015
Hamlet City Council will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers, Hamlet City Hall, 201 Main Street. The purpose of the hearing is to solicit citizen comment concerning a rezoning petition filed by Orlando & Monica Molina ... READ MORE→
May 15, 2015
Schedules for the 2015 City of Hamlet baseball season are now available... READ MORE→
March 8, 2015
The City of Hamlet has hired Ms. Nikki Sewell to serve as the next Hamlet Senior Center Director. Nikki, a native of Laurinburg, NC, will work... READ MORE→